Last Updated: 11/24/98
Known bugs in Version 1.16:
1. Opening a warp point will give you a message that you cannot open a warp point from within the system.
2. Planet revolts (as random events) would generate an incorrect message for non-owner players in the system.
3. Newly created revolt players would be able to detect other hidden players.
4. Another minor problem with starting a New Game and then canceling.
5. The AI would not purchase Open Warp Point ships and use them as often as it should. Same goes for Close Warp Point.
Known bugs in Version 1.15:
1. Expense screen will not always update from changes made in the Planets screen.
2. Cloaking sounds made regardless of whether your ship has a cloaking device and attempted to cloak\decloak.
3. Bonus movement is being calculated incorrectly. All engines must be of the same type to get the bonus.
4. Not all cargo on a Colony ship is being put on the planet after a successful colonization.
5. The colonization minister will attempt to colonize planets in restricted systems.
6. It is possible to open Warp points from within a system.
7. The time to resupply is being incorrectly set in cases where a ship under construction was cloaked before being completed.
8. When you retrofit a ship, its resupply time is restored.
9. Space Yards with really high repair rates will show items as "Dead Item" in the Repair Queue. They will also show 0 time in the Add Purchase Window.
10. When you boarded a ship in combat, any weapons that were still targeted on that ship will fire at it.
11. If you had the Ship List window in view Orders mode, then sometimes ships will not execute your orders. The Orders mode will also cause the same order to be given to multiple ships in a sector even though they were not selected.
12. If the Galaxy Map is locked, then it will not be updated when an unexplored system was entered.
13. There is a bug in Windows 95 which will put a maximum height of 255 pixels in a custom height listbox. This is causing the problem where a long message sent to another player might get cut off in the Log Window. There is no work around for this other than to limit the length of the message.
14. There is little bug that will allow you to find out the game master password in a multi-player game (I won't go into details).
Known bugs in Version 1.14:
1. Colonizers would not get correct orders from the AI.
Known bugs in Version 1.13:
1. Incorrect text displayed in the Victory Conditions list for % score of all other players.
2. Access Error received in certain conditions from the Ship List when look at Mines.
3. Access Error sometimes when combat ends.
4. Colony ships should attempt to load population before they set out to colonize.
5. You could see Unexlopred solar systems by placing Known Mine Locations within them.
6. Bug where you could delete a design which was in your Purchases queue.
7. The Shields Base I should have a cost of 1500.
8. The special bonus movement property of components was being used only for engine types. This has been fixed to allow better Editor customization.
9. Weapons damages were off just slightly. Usually they were rounded down when they should have been up. This fix causes minor changes in the damages that weapons do at different ranges. Only effects weapons which use Dec Damage.
Known bugs in Version 1.12:
1. If a player selected "Planet Killer/Plasma" as their weapon style, the game would generate Range Check errors.
2. Doesn't always refresh the Ship List window when orders are given.
3. Doesn't always refresh the Planet List window when changing things.
4. Tool-Tip display window in Tactical combat for the End Turn button hides firing text.
5. Distance Calculator would pick the shortest system distance, but not always shortest sector distance.
6. Warp Points opened in sector 0 would not display their name, sometimes.
Known bugs in Version 1.11:
1. You would receive an error going to the Combat Options window immediately after a Ground Combat.
2. The Cheat code for Money was incorrect. The code should be entered in the Empire Status Window.
3. The game would incorrectly tell you that two designs were identical for a retrofit when going from a design that had extra components than the new one (but in all other ways they were identical).
4. The Facility minister would endlessly scrap facilities to make room for a spaceport even though the player had the "Natural Merchants" racial advantage.
5. You will sometimes receive Integer overflows from the game.
6. The hotkeys for the Ship List would only work if you had the Ship List Window selected first.
7. When you select no shield technology allowed in a game, fighters should not have shields.
Known bugs in Version 1.10:
1. The computer players would build ships with all Point Defense if their weapon style was Phased Energy.
2. Sometimes the Halt Ship menu item would go away.
Known bugs in Version 1.09:
1.If you attempt to close the Main Window while orders are executing, you will get an Access Violation.
2. You can sometimes lock up the game by giving your ships infinite order. For example, by giving your ship a load cargo, drop cargo, repeat orders.
3. You can load a design that uses more spaces than the ship size will allow.
Known bugs in Version 1.08:
1.You sometimes will see "Dead Items" in the Repair Queues Window.
2. When you board a ship and capture it, its weapons will still be targeted at your ships.
3. When you drop troops and capture a planet, its weapons will still be targeted at your ships.
4. All orders for a ship get cleared after executing a Load Order (sometimes).
5. In the Purchases List window, the Alt+D key is used for Move Down and for Delete.
6. When you select New from the Tactical Menu, then make changes to the game settings, then hit Cancel, those changes will effect the game you are currently in.
7. In the Planets List Window, sorting by percentage output does not work correctly.
8. The AI does not respond to Phased Weapons fast enough.
9. Seekers moving through asteroids or storms would not take any damage.
Known bugs in Version 1.07:
1. Sometimes the Board Ship menu item in Tactical Combat would not work correctly.
2. When pressing the sort headers bar buttons on the Ship List Window the highlighting would be incorrect for the selected Empire options.
Known bugs in Version 1.06:
1. Weapons destroyed in combat would still retain their target (which would upset your Multiplex tracking).
2. If an attacker's ship was captured, and the attacker lost, the captured ship would end combat in the sector it started from (not in the sector with the defender who just captured it).
3. The AutoTarget would target specific component damaging weapons against ships that didn't have that component.
4. Specific component damaging weapons would damage the specific components in order, rather than randomly.
5. The Repeat Orders and Current Order Executing settings for ships were not being loaded correctly into games (this is now fixed and will load them correctly from your savegames).
6. AutoMove would not have boarding ships board colony or transport ships.
7. You would sometimes receive an Access Violation when your ships executed Repeat Orders.
8. AutoMove would not launch fighters from bases.
Known bugs in Version 1.05:
1. Sometimes the Repair Queue Window will show "dead" items (items which will be removed from the queue at the end of the turn).
2. You will receive a "Range Check Error" if you board another ship in the combat simulator and then try to get a report on it.
3. The Create and Destroy Sun components have incorrect costs.
4. Sometimes you would get too many research points using Deconstruct and Analyze.
Known bugs in Version 1.04:
1. In Tactical Combat, you can target and fire any weapon against any target. When the weapon fires and hits, it will say that X pts of damage were done to its target, regardless of whether the damage type that weapon does can even hurt the target piece. No damage will be done, but Tactical Combat will still report X pts of damage.
For example, you can target Point Defense Cannons at enemy ships and fire them. When they hit, Tactical Combat will report 16 points of damage done to ship X. However, if you look at the ship that was hit, no damage was actually done to it. The display is reporting the amount of damage done, but Point Defense Cannons can only hurt fighters and seekers so no damage is actually done.
2. You should not be able to edit Combat Strategies during combat.
3. Sometimes the AI will design troop or population transports which are illegal.
4. Sometimes ships won't retreat correctly using AutoMove.
5. Under AutoMove in combat, carriers won't launch their fighters after the first combat turn.
6. Boarding ships sometimes are not able to board enemy ships.
7. Ships with lowercase first letters will get sorted wrong.
8. You receive "Out of System Resources" when resizing the Galaxy Window (a lot).
Known bugs in Version 1.03:
1. If a game is started using the New command from the Tactical Window (while a game is in progress), Victory Conditions will be disabled (no matter what selections were made in the Game Setup Window).
2. You will receive a "Range Check Error" if a computer player starts in a solar system where his home planet is the only planet in the system.
3. You cannot give a ship orders to move out of a Restricted system.
Known bugs in Version 1.02:
1. A game started with the Game Setup Window, and taken from the Shareware version to the Registered Version, will have some of the techs marked as not allowed (they will show up in the Research Window as DONE).
2. Sometimes ships using AutoMove will accidently retreat through warp points in their path during combat.
3. Using Recover Fighters in Tactical Combat will recover all fighters in the square, even if you don't own them.
4. You should not be allowed to retrofit a ship to an identical design.
5. In the case where you purchase mines or fighters for a sector that does not contain a planet, each ship with storage at that location will get duplicates of the unit purchased. (For example, if you purchase 2 mines for a sector which contains 2 ships both with mine storage, both ships will get 2 mines).
Known bugs in Version 1.01:
1. If a battle occurs and both sides are destroyed, then there will be no log picture next to the combat description.
Known bugs in Version 1.00:
Copyright © 1997 - 2005 Malfador Machinations. All Rights Reserved